CARING FOR YOUR TREE
Tree Care Tips
Your real tree has made the journey home . . . Now what?
- Place your tree in water ASAP. Place a bowl underneath the trunk of your tree and fill the bowl with fresh water.
- The first time you add water to your tree, add HOT water. Hot water melts the sap off of the tree and helps your tree drink better.
2. Amount Of Water
- Fresh-cut trees are very thirsty. Your tree will drink between 2 pints and 1 gallon of water a day, so it’s essential to have a water bowl that can hold at least a gallon of water or more.
3. Water Level
- Check the stand every day and add fresh water as needed.
- Remember, if you let the water level drop below the freshly cut base of the trunk, a new seal will form over the bottom and the tree will not be able to drink.
- Because of the freshness of our trees, the tree might not take up water right away. Keep your tree in water anyways. It may take 1-2 days before your tree begins taking up the water.
4. Keep Away From Heat
- Your tree will be happiest away from sources of heat like fireplaces, registers, radiators or baseboard heaters and away from the direct rays of the sun.
5. Room Temperature
- Lowering the room temperature will slow the drying process, resulting in less water consumption each day.
- Use a surge protector for any electrical decorations. Be careful not to overload your circuits!
7. Keep It Green
- Add “Keep It Green” Christmas tree preservative to your tree’s water bowl to preserve freshness and needle retention.
- You can find “Keep It Green” at all of our Severts locations.
Thank you for purchasing a Real Tree. While they’re growing, Real Christmas Trees support life by absorbing carbon dioxide and other gases and emitting fresh oxygen.